One of the very first needs of a State is the possibility of defining, knowing and recognising the identity of its citizens in order to protect and ensure the rights to which they are entitled. This is also a strategic factor in the fight against fraud, criminality and terrorism, in improving border control and ensuring that migration flows are monitored.
In this area, each State wishes to have infallible and lasting responses that are impossible to forge. But, over and above these three strong criteria, which represent the first threshold of trust, States want to benefit from innovative solutions, adapted to the digitisation of data exchange and in line with policies to control public spending.
The Imprimerie Nationale, through its offer of integrated and exclusive production of secure credentials, ID-Product, ensures 4 structural principles: integration, security, human engineering and productivity.
Such an organisation associated with its digital operator ambitions enables ID-Product to offer responses for the following markets:
- Travel : Passports and visas
- Citizens : National ID Cards and Residence Permits
- Transports : Driving licences and qualified professional driver cards (Taxis, Trains, HGVs, etc.)
- Government Employees : Official ID cards (Police, Gendarmerie, Customs Officers, etc.)
- Origin: the product of close collaboration between the IN and the State, the electronic (2006) then biometric (2009) passport complies with the international recommendations of the ICAO. Its very high level of security offers real protection of the identity of citizens
- ID-Product Offer: receipt of applications, checking of applications, production of blank credentials, security measures (encryption and insertion of biometric features), personalisation, cutting, assembly and secure delivery to the prefectures
- Key figures: More than 5 million passports per annum, delivered within a short and guaranteed lead time (2 days)
The new Driving Licence
- Origin: Operational since September 2013, the new Driving Licence complying with European regulations is polycarbonate in credit card format with a transparent border, a world first for such a large quantity
- ID-Product Offer: receipt of applications, checking of applications, production of blank credentials, security measures (encryption and insertion of electronic features), personalisation, cutting, assembly, archiving records of secure production and delivery in less than 7 days to the holder’s home address
- Key figures: 38 million driving licences to be progressively replaced between now and 2033